S$100000 - S$120000 per annum + Bonus
11 months ago
- Workforce Planning & Talent Manager (South-East Asia)
- Leading Global Law Firm
- Salary: Competitive (SGD 100k - 120k)
- Location: Singapore
Our client is an International European headquartered Law firm with a significant base in Singapore. They have engaged our services a new Workforce Planning & Talent Manager to ensure their workforce is optimally resourced, that people are getting a brilliant career experience and development - and ultimately impacting the bottom line for the firm.
The responsibility is to resource lawyers according to client and project needs across the practice covering South-East Asia to enable top performing project teams to service their clients. This person will also link to Talent Development to ensure any skill gaps are closed for continual learning and to gain exposure to their specific areas of specialism.
This role will act as a junior practice manager with a commercial mindset supporting their Regional Business Managers, particularly in helping to co-ordinate the practice they are assigned to on the ground in Singapore but also on regional activities. Responsible for the implementation of smooth running of project allocation, talent management and project management.
The successful incumbent will come with strong stakeholder management. There will be matrix reporting to the business and HR. This is a high profile role, facing-off to the Singapore and regional business; so the successful candidate will need to be very people-driven and will want to establish strong relationships across the business.
HR - This person will also support any adhoc HR projects such as: talent, role and job design, HRIS, reward etc - as and where needed.
Essential: Experience as a lawyer/associate, or HR from a law firm / strong resource planning. Solid financial planning and budgeting experience.
Commercial Acumen; You will play a critical role in the company's profitability and bottom line.
- Optimise the allocation of work and the deployment of staff to maximise profitability
- Provide information and advice in respect of manpower planning and resourcing
- To identify appropriate assignments for senior associates and below incorporating the individuals' preferences and development goals where possible
- Take ownership for and manage the work allocation tool, and ensure the integrity of the data included in the tool including annual leave and non-chargeable activities
Reporting and Forecasting:
- Provide forecast and actual utilisation and availability reports for senior management teams plus any other ad hoc reports that may be requested, in a timely and targeted manner
- Highlight trends and patterns for potential resourcing issues to the RBM with the aim of fully utilising existing staff within the regional offices and globally before resorting to external hires
- Ensure developmental feedback obtained during the work allocation process and performance conversations is looped back into the HR and learning teams
- Ensure, in conjunction with the HR Manager, that lawyers in the practice areas receive a documented annual appraisal and that career development plans are implemented and reviewed
Chief of Staff Duties:
- Organise Senior Management meetings, team meetings and AGMs as required.
- Preparing agendas, materials and minutes and progressing agreed action lists.
- Consider ways of establishing and sharing best practice with the new ; as well as ensuring consistency of service levels.
- As and where required which could include; recruitment, talent, HR Operations, automation and efficiency reviews, & reward
Benefits: Bonus and standard benefits, fantastic offices!, monthly office lunch delivery, 21 days holiday, lots of socials & sporting events - they a premium brand in the market.
Thanks for your time. Please reach out to Fay if you would like to discuss this role, or are open to other HR opportunities and want to discuss the market.
EA Registration Number: R1767013
To comply with local laws, our Singapore office EA Licence No is: 17S8475.