Movements such as “MeToo” have highlighted the extent of unacceptable behaviour people are exposed to in their workplace. A more value driven leadership style and undoubtedly fear of public embarrassment, as well as expensive court cases, have driven this topic to the very top of most businesses. Senior HR leaders are telling us that dealing with related complaints and issues is becoming a more prominent part of their day-to-day work. The Dutch government has been trying to play their part through legislation. We believe a much stronger shift in culture is needed to make a real positive impact.
- employer’s (statutory) duty of care
- policy/code of conduct
- (external) investigations; do’s and don’ts
- internal complaints procedure; how and what?
- role of the confidential advisor
- disciplinary action; (instant) dismissal?
- victims’ claims, employer liability
There will be room for questions and discussion about your own dilemmas and best approaches.