Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire
£70000 - £80000 per annum
3 days ago
People Lead UK
£75,000 - £80,000
Based in Waltham Cross - Hertfordshire
Hybrid/ Flexible working
Sector - Warehouse/ Logistics
This is a very exciting newly created role for the UK site. As the UK People Lead, you will join a highly commercial and driven team of professionals across the globe to grow and evolve this new venture start-up business. You'll be working for a rapidly growing joint venture company funded by the world's leading grocery delivery company worth over £12bn.
The ideally must have a background in a standalone/ hands on capacity, setting up HR from scratch or from a start-up, worked with a blue collar workforce, managing global direction)
This role which will best suit someone looking for a challenge, who loves to roll their sleeves up and get stuck into the nitty gritty of the day to day blue collar/ warehouse workforce life/environment. This opportunity will allow you to be creative and innovative, create a vision for your workforce and work towards it with the aim that in 6-12 months' time you'll see the positive results of your hard graft and innovative people ideas!
You will have 2 HR admin supports covering recruitment, payroll and ER, however, to be the best People Lead that you can be in this business, you will need to plunge right into the day to day to really learn the business, implement strategy, process, policy and evolve the role from there!
The ideal candidate will have a background in a standalone/ hands-on capacity, setting up HR from scratch or within a start-up - ideally a HR Manager, HR BP or Head of HR who has worked with a blue collar workforce, reporting into the global VP.
Company: Job Description:
- Define and execute the People Plan and Budget for the country organization in line with the company expansion plans by contributing to People Strategy & Policies
- Assess existing process and policy, work with the global HQ to implement fresh strategy
- Take the lead on employee engagement and related initiatives/ projects
- Work with site managers to assess workforce training needs, recruitment needs, retention, performance and implement process/ strategy as a result
- Line manage and oversee both the ER/Recruitment Admin and the Recruitment Specialist
- Manage end to end employee life cycle and people processes including but not limited to recruitment, onboarding, performance management, grievances and offboarding.
- Ensure that performance appraisals have been integrated in management practice and timely performed
- Oversee and manage end to end recruitment process along with the Recruitment Specialist
- Manage documentation for current and new hires including contracts, legal documentation, and personal information
- Manage all communication with work counsels, representing the company on this process
- Create new and innovative ways to attract the best people to join the business by identifying new channels
- Grow the number of operations roles fast and efficiently
- Oversee and assist with payroll tasks
- Follow up on employee attendance and leaves (daily, annual, sickness), check payrolls, correct discrepancies if any and keep corresponding records
- Understand the start-up culture and how to overcome potential recruitment obstacles for certain roles
- Support on important projects that benefit the wider business.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.